1. Are you new to Stardew Valley modding? Check out our Stardew Valley Mod Installation Mega-Guide for the latest information and to ask questions to the very knowledgeable modding community!
  2. Welcome to the site! Why not register today to receive access to many more features on Stardew Valley Mods!
  3. Are you sick of seeing advertisements? Do you want to support your favorite Stardew Mods site in developing new features for the site?

We now offer premium subscriptions! Click here for more information!

Mod Bachelor Vincent 1.07v7

Yuck, what is this?

1. U+1F347

U+1F347 Modder Modder

U+1F347 submitted a new mod:

Bachelor Vincent - Yuck, what is this?

Click here to read more about this mod!

anonymoose and randomAnon123 like this.
  2. U+1F347

U+1F347 Modder Modder

anonymoose and randomAnon123 like this.
  3. anonymoose

anonymoose New Member

What are you going to add after the events? What are the events going to be like?

Also just want to say that 13-heart event was great, you did a really amazing job on it.

4. dragoonbb

dragoonbb Member

Well does exactly what you say it does would be interested to see what the 4,6, and 8 star event are..Mostly cause if your going to do things in intervals you'd better all the intervals XD. But rating the events in order 2 heart event was great, 10 heart event was great, and 13 was....eh. Can't really say as after it I was more wondering WHY DOES NO ONE IN TOWN SEEM TO HAVE A BATHROOM!? But other than that 5 stars hats off to you and I honestly feel like having Vincent as a bachelor being the headline for this mod really sadly turns many away from this mod cause honestly speaking without like the heart events past 10 hearts for yours and the Marriageable Jas mod it just really fleshes out certain characters more witch is actually a real issue for most of the NPC's that aren't marriageable.

Bug: Seems kinda strange how their are two Vincent and the one your marring is just staring up into space the entire time xD not sure if that's an unfix able bug or not.

Suggestion: If your going to bring up people giving you a weird looks in the 13 heart event it would help to have other Characters having new dialogue or heart event to reflect that. Which should be possible. Even though I can't truly say as I'm still waiting for Emily to be marriageable so I'm not sure if the dev has even done something like that already

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  5. dragoonbb

dragoonbb Member

Mentioned your mod in my review :)

6. U+1F347

U+1F347 Modder Modder

The events are going to be added last with the current update schedule because I want to take my time in structuring the overall story for the character and framing the events properly.

To give a little away about where they're going:
    The 4 and 6 heart events focus on fleshing out Vincent's character and giving him more personality, and the 8 heart event will involve a confrontation from Jodi who questions the player's intentions. They put into perspective Vincent's character interaction with other villagers and his family more-so than the current events.

The 2, 10, and 13 heart events were done first because they are primarily one-on-one personal events between the player and Vincent. These were easier to implement while the 4, 6, and 8 heart events were still being planned.

Those lines in the 13 heart event are references to scenes which haven't been added yet, so the confusion is expected. I didn't want to delay releasing events which people were already looking forward to, since I had mentioned the 13 heart one awhile back.

1.07v7 can be expected in the coming week and primarily contains 2 new alternate portraits, the Yandere dialogue rewrite (which will be packaged as Yandere Bachelor Vincent in the Mega folder), and an expansion of Vincent's premarital dialogue to rival the number of lines other villagers like Abigail have. Other fixes/changes will be included in the update post.

Lastly, I appreciate all of the kind words about the mod and I'm glad people are enjoying the work put into making it as high quality as possible. [​IMG]

7. anonymoose

anonymoose New Member

Sounds good, Vincent really needed a lot more character. I love all of the dialogue in the mod, it all fits his character well.

More dialogue is always good. I hope some of it is lewd.

How far does the Yandere rewrite go? Will it just be him being edgy or full-on murderer?

8. U+1F347

U+1F347 Modder Modder

It's mainly about him being obsessive, creepy, violent, and unstable. It won't go as far as murder though.

I think the mod has enough fanservice already. The additional dialogue will give some incentive to actually care about the character, since he's by far the most neglected villager plot-wise.

randomAnon123 likes this.
  9. cankersaur

cankersaur New Member

D-does this mean you could make a mod to allow the player to marry Shane? :eek:

10. dragoonbb

dragoonbb Member

yes but there would be no point as the dev is already working on making Emily and Shane Marriageable

11. U+1F347

U+1F347 Modder Modder

U+1F347 updated Bachelor Vincent with a new update entry:

Yandere Vincent, new dialogue, & more portraits!

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. dragoonbb

dragoonbb Member

After going through the yandere dialogue xnb my best way to give my opinion on it is just to say what I was thinking when reading through it

*reading through general dialogue*
    hmmm some of this dialogue seems off in relation to said what said character would say even by Yandere standards
    *reads through marriage dialogue*
    Still saying stuff I wouldn't believe if someone told me that at the same age in real life xD
    *reads dialogue before egg festival*
    LMAO ok ok now I 100% can't take any of the dialogue I have read up to this point or after seriously after that . *makes joke about stopping Jas too*

*Reads festival dialogue*
    LOL you did have him talk about stoping Jas too

13. U+1F347

U+1F347 Modder Modder

The yandere rewrite was a fun little exercise, but I probably won't put any more effort into it since it takes too much time away from the main mod. I think the new dialogue came out much better in comparison.

randomAnon123 likes this.
  14. randomAnon123

randomAnon123 Modder Modder

I'll have to agree, yandere Vincent comes off as more of a douche (with some murderous instincts). Writing a yandere is way more difficult than it looks.
    But the new dialogue for the main mod is perfectly written. Wish I was half as good as you at writing dialogue.

15. dragoonbb

dragoonbb Member

Well you've gotta know the character in and out and, know about other character around said character and, the fact that Vincent a kid helps too. Since kids are a lot more simpler to understand than adults.But than again this is coming from someone who has alot of experience when observing how people act so it may be alot more easier said than done for some. I would make a great psychologist....If knowing how people act didn't make me dislike most people..

16. mintyrouge

mintyrouge New Member

Hi! This mod is very well done, so kudos! I just downloaded it today and I'm super happy with it. Will the next update be soon? I'm looking forward to more heart events. :)

Advertisement