1. Are you new to Stardew Valley modding? Check out our Stardew Valley Mod Installation Mega-Guide for the latest information and to ask questions to the very knowledgeable modding community!
  2. Welcome to the site! Why not register today to receive access to many more features on Stardew Valley Mods!
  3. Are you sick of seeing advertisements? Do you want to support your favorite Stardew Mods site in developing new features for the site?

We now offer premium subscriptions! Click here for more information!

API Storm Modding API 0.1.1.0

A Modding API For Stardew Valley

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Admin submitted a new resource:

Storm Modding API - A Modding API For Stardew Valley

Read more about this resource...

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

3. Permafrost

Permafrost New Member

I forked your GitHub project, cloned the fork to my local machine, successfully compiled the solution in VS Community 2015, created folders
    %APPDATA%/StardewValley/Storm and %APPDATA%/StardewValley/Mods, copied depencies and binaries to %APPDATA%/StardewValley/Storm and my game folder respectively, but the game keeps crashing after (or at the end?) of the loading process when starting a new game or loading an existing one. I tried it without any mod-file to load on startup. I know, (C#-)dll-injections are always a mess (we use them in another modding api for Gothic 2) but without any error messages, it's hard to debug this or at least give you a more detailed explanation on where it failed.

Specs:
    Windows 7 (64 Bit)

Concernign wirting own mods:
    I am rather interested, in testing the wrappers right off the bat but don't see exactly how to start writing mod-dlls for the StormAPI. Can you show me and possible other readers some inital directions?

EDIT:
    As a test, I used an existing Storm-mod-file from here: http://stardewmods.com/threads/stor...-plant-and-harvest-any-crop-in-any-season.56/
    This time it crashes on startup of Stardew Valley itself with the following thrown exception:
    Code:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "xTile, Version=2.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
    Dateiname: "xTile, Version=2.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
      bei Storm.StardewValley.ManagedStardewValleyLauncher.ResolveDependencies()
      bei Storm.StardewValley.ManagedStardewValleyLauncher.Launch() in T:\Programming\VisualStudio\StardewValley\Storm\Storm\Storm\StardewValley\ManagedStardewValleyLauncher.cs:Zeile 124.
      bei Storm.Program.Main(String[] args) in T:\Programming\VisualStudio\StardewValley\Storm\Storm\Storm\Program.cs:Zeile 46.

Ok, seemingly the launcher doesn't find the depency. Overwriting the original Stadew Valley xTile.dll with the one from the Storm-project solves this issue for the time being. Now I am, again, at the point where it crashes without thrown exception when (almost?) finished loading the game world after choosing "New" or "Load" in main menu.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
Advertisement